A company in Cleburne is looking for Framers.
The framer is responsible for reading build orders and selecting, measuring and cutting lumber. In addition, this position will assemble foundations, floors, walls, roofs, trusses, and doors for our custom-made sheds, garages, barns, playhouses and cabins. The framer will also ensure that building structures meet build orders specifications and are constructed error-free.
• Read build orders, measure and cut lumber or plywood needed for building structures while meeting daily work performance goals
• Ability to carry out instructions communicated in writing, orally, or in diagram form
• Assemble subfloors, wall sections, trusses, doors, or any other fabricating associated with the construction
• Cut and shape materials, joining them with nails, screws, bolts or glue
• Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure
• Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and meets build order specifications
• Must be willing to learn and work in other areas of the build process
• Manufacturing or warehouse production knowledge a plus
• Must be able to read a tape measure
• Basic math knowledge including ability to add and subtracts in all units of standard US measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to climb a ladder, stoop, bend and kneel for extended periods of time
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent attention to detail with ability to be proactive and operate with a sense of urgency.
• Must work in a team environment with a positive attitude
• High school diploma preferred but not required
• 1 year of experience with home/shed framing (floor to roof)
• Must have experience operating air compressors, air tools, hammer, saw, drill, and other basic power and air tools
• Painting/Caulking experience helpful but not required
• Christian based office environment with manufacturing facility onsite.
• Majority of work will take place indoors, but some may be required outdoors with exposure to various weather elements.
• Must be available for daily overtime and Saturday work when needed
• Must have reliable transportation